Naturopath, Nutritionist & Bowen Therapy Practitioner
Louise completed a four year Bachelor of Health Science – Naturopathy degree at Southern School of Natural Therapies in Melbourne , Victoria in 2000. Louise is a member of the Australian Natural Therapist's Association and has since completed further studies in Bowen Therapy with the International School of Bowen Therapy and is a member of the Bowen Therapists Federation of Australia.
Her studies then continued in Kinesiology in Carlton where Louise worked extensively with a number of health practitioners including Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Psychologists & fitness instructors and has a strong referral basis with a number of health practitioners in Bendigo & Melbourne , which enables a specific and individualised approach to each client's health needs. Louise has worked in private practise in Carlton , Gisborne and now Bendigo . Louise's main aim is to provide a caring and tailored approach to each individual's healthcare needs. Special Interest areas include: Women's hormone balance, fertility and pre-conception healthcare, children's health, Digestive ailments, Immune support and allergies/intolerances and includes Massage and Bowen Therapy in some cases to address the physical links to these issues.
Holistic & Intuitive Therapist, Yoga instructor & Teacher and Bowen Therapy Practitioner
Nerissa has had extensive studies in the natural therapy field which has included:
* Certificate in Holistic Counselling - A Holistic Therapist counsels clients with basic stress management issues, emotional blockers and provides basic lifestyle counselling.
* Diploma in Yoga Instructing & Teaching RYTA350 – This allows teaching of yoga to general attendees as well as students studying yoga, meditation, mantras, pranayama (breathing exercises), detox and cleansing practices, basic nutrition & dietary advice and Ayurvedic medicine philosophy.
* Diploma in Restorative Yoga: Nerissa works with individuals with particular concerns such as Anatomical or pre/post natal issues. Those with physical and emotional trauma (accidents), cancer patients and survivors as well as those recovering from surgery. Her other special interest areas include stress-linked or posture-linked digestive issues, adrenal fatigue and more.
*Certificate in ISBT Bowen Therapy: Nerissa’s extensive yoga training and experience along with her anatomy knowledge brings a bonus aspect to her approach with Bowen Therapy and realigning the soft tissue aspects of the body. Her approach also allows for great ‘after care’ advice following a treatment which may include stretches or yoga poses to help assist your response!
* Australian Bush Flower Essences:
The Bush Essences are a system of healing that bring a sense of clarity to one's life, also the courage, strength and commitment to follow and pursue one's goals and dreams. They help to develop a higher level of intuition, self esteem, spirituality, creativity and fun. . Although Flower Remedies have been used by many cultures for thousands of years, the Australian Bush Flower Essences meet the great need for remedies that help people address the issues of the 21st century - emotional imbalances, communication skills and spirituality to name but a few. The answer to this need (which has come from the Australian plants), has been developed and researched by Naturopath, Ian White, a fifth generation Australian herbalist. www.ausflowers.com.au
Nerissa is available now for Bowen Therapy, Energy Balance/Stress Release consults, Intuitive Reading sessions, Yoga classes (both group and one-on-one), Workshops and more!
Bowen Therapy Practitioner
We are thrilled to welcome Bowen Therapist, Riley McIvor to the Naturopathic Connections team!
Riley’s life long exposure and interest in complimentary medicine, health and natural therapies has drawn him to a career in Bowen Therapy and led him to complete his studies at the renowned Bowen Therapy institute, ISBT.
A Bendigo local, Riley’s background in sport, particularly football, has influenced his focus in using Bowen to enhance sporting performance, for relief and recovery of amateur and professional sporting injuries as well as to provide an effective therapy for those that desire a priority of physical health and wellbeing.
Riley’s personal experience in local sport, down to earth and caring manner combines exceptionally well with his Bowen Therapy skills as you will no doubt agree!
Recovery Boot Sessions - Now available!
* 30 minute sessions book online or via reception
* 45 minute sessions book online or via reception
- The RecoveryBoots are 4-chambered, medical-grade compression boots and inflate sequentially from the toes to the base of the buttock.
- The RecoveryBoots massage the legs to temporarily improve circulation during use and help reduce muscle soreness, swelling and fatigue, all while you rest and relax.
- RecoveryBoots should fit just below the hip-flexor.
- No "warm-up" time so you can begin recovering immediately at full compression.
- Maximum compression cycles per therapy session will produce greater recovery compared to devices that take longer to complete a single compression cycle. We have the best equipment!
WHY ATHLETES LOVE IT
Use the RecoveryPump after every workout, training session and race so that recovery becomes a daily activity. By recovering every day and starting your workout with a replenished muscle, your level of fitness continues to increase incrementally, rather than decrease without proper recovery. It's not magic, it's science. The RecoveryPump increases blood circulation via compression, which helps to clear metabolic waste and restore the natural delivery of oxygen and plasma to the muscle. Use the RecoveryPump every day as an aggressive recovery treatment for fatigued muscles and see the gains your athletes can make with rapid muscle recovery.
Book online now for a session with Riley!
Remedial Massage Therapist,
Having trained with renowned Australian College of Massage, Gabrielle uses a variety of remedial and relaxation techniques to respond to each client’s specific needs, including deep tissue, myofascial release, pregnancy and sports massage.
Gabrielle’s treatment aims include reducing pain, relieving stress and increasing flexibility, while encouraging her clients to become conscious of what can cause their bodies to go into imbalance and what after care tools she can provide to assist them to reach their health & wellness goals.
RECEPTION SUPPORT TEAM
Please meet Alicia & Greta who are only too willing to help you out with appointments, payments, and general inquiries about any of our services.
Call 03 5444 3211